Virtual Symposium by the
International Atmospheric Rivers Conference (IARC) Community
5-9 OCTOBER, 2020
REGISTRATION STILL OPEN.
1. Dynamical & Physical Processes in ARs
2. Impacts of ARs
3. AR modeling & Forecasting
4. Identification, Tracking and Inventories
5. ARs in the Past and the Future
6. Regional Flavors
7. Emergent Topics
Due to the ongoing Pandemic an in-person conference -as planned for Santiago (Chile)- is impossible this year but in order to keep our AR community vibrant and united we decided to conduct a virtual Symposium in the original dates (October 2020). The structure of the event will be decided once we see the number of abstracts but we anticipate a 3-4 day event with half day sessions including invited talks, regular presentations, poster sessions and working groups. We hope that an in-person 3IARC will be held in Santiago in 2021.
Video Recordings of the Plenary Sessions:
- Monday 5th: Dynamical & Physical Processes in ARs [Link]
- Tuesday 6th: Impacts of ARs [Link]
- Wednesday 7th: ARs modeling & Forecasting [Link]
- Thursday 8th: ID, Tracking & Inventories + Regional Flavors [Link]
- Friday 9th: ARs in the Past & Future + Emergent Topics [Link]
GMT; 1:00 PM
Santiago, Chile; 10:00 AM
San Diego, CA, USA; 06:00 AM
NY, USA; 09:00 AM
Lisbon, Portugal; 02:00 PM
Berlin, Germany; 03:00 PM
· The symposium program is now available here.
· The Book of Abstracts v2 is now available. Download
· The call for abstracts deadline has been reached. No more abstracts can be accepted from now on. REGISTRATION IS STILL OPEN.
Number of Oral Presentations: 50
Number of Lighting Presentations: 71
Number of extra registrations to the date: 260
TOTAL NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: ~400